Geese?????

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shangri-lafarms, Aug 3, 2008.

1. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Anyone have any fertile eggs for hatching????

2. duckman

duckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    their season is long over their season is spring to early summer. sorry

duckman

3. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Yeah I was afraid of that, so I posted that I am looking for Pilgrim geese, this would be my preffered breed and Just figured I'd put it out there in case anyone needs new homes or couldn't get rid of their goslings....

4. duckman

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    i like pilgrim geese but i dont have any.
    good luck!

duckman

5. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    are your african geese friendly??? Are they loud??? The loud factor doesn't matter we have alot of land bordering farms but I like pilgrims for 2 reasons, friendly and can be sexed by color

6. duckman

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    my geese are really nice they let me pick them up and hold them. With my gander I got reserve grand Champion showmen at our county fair. They are not loud unless there is a preditor around it will warn the others of danger.
    It might get loud if he is hungry. You can tell Africans apart by their dewlap themale is a lot bigger. I love my Africans.

Duckman

7. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    I found a pair of Chineese geese looking to be relocated for free a few hours drive from my house, I need to do some research before I accept for sure. The lady sent me an email to ask about my land etc.

8. duckman

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    I don't know much about chinease geese actually I don't even know If I spelt it right. But I do know that they look a lot like Africans.

Duckman

9. shangri-lafarms

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    Just wanted to tell you that the lady withthe geese chineese ones emailed me back and she is going to send me a pic tonite...so excited [​IMG] I will have to show it to you, and as for eggs I am planning on hatching out my own chineese and then making an early purchase next spring for another breed I want....It's so hard to choose they are all beautiful

10. duckman

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    another goose that I like is a toulouse goose they are really cool looking. My alltime favorite goose is the Sebastopol goose. Have you seen those before?

Duckman

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by