1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

geesh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hdowden, Dec 19, 2011.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    why must people get so defisive for misreading a post when you are butt tired and commenting. i have people misread some my post and i dont get deffinsive just make it clearer and explain what i was talking about even got pm's about some of my questions and i still dont get upset. my goodness why does everything have to turn into you are a rude person and all when its a simple missreading and understanding.

2. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    People are quick to take offense sometimes. Then there is that thing of no voice inflections in the printed words.........

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    still people dont have to call someone rude because of it [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

That sucks. I don't know what issues you have had to deal with, but I know proper spelling and syntax help out with making sure you are understood correctly and could save you from some of the problems you are having. Most bad spelling and missing prefixes people figure out, but when you have many right next to each other . . . .Well, let's just say I could find it confusing too.

But your misunderstandings could be of a completely different nature, so if spelling has nothing to do with it, sorry! Happy Hollidays anyway [​IMG]

5. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Feel blessed that you have patience with such people instead of returning their behavior back to them. Then you can come here to vent [​IMG] [​IMG] It is a measure of your character that you rise above such rudeness and behave with decorum and class. (Pat yourself on the back for being such a nice person)

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:lol i have never been that great with spelling(has always been a weak part for me for some reason dont know why) [​IMG] and i get worse the more tired i am

7. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:thank you but it does frustrate me a bit lol but who would it not? patience is a vertue that is learned and not taught....hope my kids can learn that

8. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    everyone around here tells me that they will tell me anything and come to me if they need to talk. i try to be a nice and helpfull person but sometimes it turns and bites me in the butt grrrrr i sometimes think i have to much patiance with people....

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I think it is very nice of you to take the time to explain yourself to someone that misreads your post instead of telling them to bug off.

Unfortunately it is very easy for people to say things on public forums that are intentionally hurtful,and probably some people are just primed to look for something mean directed at them in every post.

As time goes on people will see from your postings that your intent is not harmful.

10. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Lots of Mommie button pushers too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by