Geez, just when you think the kid left home.... (Pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Jul 28, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ranger supervising broody mama Nugget's daily egg laying session. He's even mating her, at 11 weeks, if you can believe that. She lets him. Good grief, Nugget has the patience of a saint! That's why I need to get him rehomed ASAP-he lives with my group of 16 week old Barred Rocks and I'd rather he not be breeding the girls when he becomes fertile in a few weeks. Rex, my BR cockerel, is starting to chase him, too, so anyone want a cute young Delawegger boy? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ad for Ranger is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=546424

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh Lordy that boy. LOL. So handsome though.

3. ErikaSmit

ErikaSmit Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Schererville, IN
    HAha! Men! I'm trying to get rid of my own annoying little roo's. :-/

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

He's very sweet, but is jumpy from being shuttled between this coop and the bantam coop where the D'Anvers kick his butt daily, even though they're much smaller, LOL. I'd probably keep him, but I have no place for him and no rooster I have would tolerate him in the flock, unfortunately. Wish his daddy, Isaac, would allow him to live there, but I know he won't.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    You would think those bantams would live happily in that new coop! Not!
    Maybe it's time to build a bachelor pad, LOL

7. speckledhen

No more coops. In fact, I recently sold the Firetower and am down one coop. Eventually, I will have only the main flock and the bantam coop; the one where Suede lives and the BR kids are will be torn down. Will build a nice storage barn later in a different location which will not (WILL NOT!) house chickens.

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    So if you're ripping Suede's home down, where is he going to live?

Are you sticking with the BR's?

I've got the Polish bug right now. My original 5 are 3-4 years old, and I would like some offspring from them. So I'm growing me a man for them. Only it's been nothing but problems. I hope the surviving roo will live and be the "man".

Are you downsizing?

9. speckledhen

Suede will be there as long as he lives. He is the only thing keeping that coop standing. Eventually, he and Isaac will be gone and Rex (hopefully, one day, along with one of his sons) will lead the main flock. I have mostly Rocks anyway, barreds and BBS, plus some EEs and Ameraucanas and a few Buff Orpington ladies. So, yes, in a way, I am downsizing, but for now, my numbers are up till some of the older ladies pass away. Eventually, there will be only Rocks (mostly barreds), EEs and/or Ameraucanas,and a few Buff Orps for broodies in the main flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by