Gen making odd noise

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cathie300c, Jan 21, 2017.

1. cathie300c

cathie300c New Egg

Jan 21, 2017
    She seems fine except she's making a strange noise breathing. No other symptoms at all. No sneezing, coughing anything else. Any ideas? Thx

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Welcome...go to the thread suggested...good luck with your baby. ( I call all of my chickens my babies )

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cathie300c [​IMG] Welcome!

I second posting on the Emergencies & Diseases Forum and I do hope that your girl is OK.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I concur with the advice you have been given. Please describe in full detail - if you have a video to post (with sound) that would be great

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, cathie300c, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! I also agree with the above advice. Good luck to you and your flock!

7. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope the ER folks can help you out.

Good luck!

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. :frow Good luck with your chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by