Gender - 8-9 week old Barred Rock and Asian Black - More/better Pics!

There is a YouTube video collection called Karen's Coop. She actually has several videos and one of them shows how to sex the chickens by looking at their cochlea (butthole). LOL or the differences in Wing feathers. It was pretty helpful.
Dont ever try to vent sex a chick if you dont know how. You can severely damage the chick. Wing sexing only works on birds specifically bred for that trait, which Asian blacks are not. That is definitely not a cuckoo maran or barred rock because since it is a cockerel it should have the double barring. The feet are also way too dark for either breed. I agree with the above statement of it being a asian black cockerel.

Thanks, and i am not attempting to discredit your opinion. Just trying to better understand. I follow the leg color regarding the PBR. What you are saying about the barred bird is that it looks like a cockerel based on comb/wattle but that it does not have the double white bar that cuckoo maran/PBR have? "IF" it is a pullet is it possible that it is a cuckoo maran or are there other indicators that are driving you towards saying it is not?
Thanks again.
It's not a cuckoo maran or barred rock. The feet are the wrong color and since he is a boy his coloring would be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom