1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender and breed conundrum

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jdleston, Aug 21, 2014.

1. jdleston

jdleston Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2014
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    I had picked up 8 chicks and gave for to my friend. I am curious of what breeds/gender she got!

I know I have one loving rooster that was chasing around a squirrel today!

I thought we maybe got EE and Longhorns but maybe something else? One of her white ones doesn't look like my leghorn...

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The white bird on the right is a White Leghorn. However, the other one does look a little different than most leghorns (chunkier, shorter bodied, red coloration on wings/body, etc.). What type of comb does it have? The black/brown bird is an Easter Egger. All of them look like pullets, for now.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The bird on the left looks a bit like a White Plymouth Rock. Is there red on the wings, or is that just dirt? Red on the wings may mean a Red Sex-Link male. The white bird on the right is a pullet, and a White Leghorn. The third bird (black/brown one) is an Easter Egger, pullet.

4. jdleston

Jul 7, 2014
    Glen Ellyn, IL
    Thank you for your reply! Here are a couple others... [​IMG]

Here is another one too...
    [​IMG]

5. jdleston

Jul 7, 2014
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks! The white one isn't dirty... it has greyish brown only on some of the feathers. Maybe it's reddish.. Its crazy. [​IMG]

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by