Gender and breed experts please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dewsetter, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    My babies are now just over 8 weeks old and I would really like to know what breed and gender they are. I have posted pictures previously but it was too early to tell. I can't keep boys because of the noise for the neighbours and so far I have only ever hatched roos. Surely my luck has to change soon [​IMG] I am really hopeful about these

Angel. I was led to believe Araucana and although I am in England I still don't think this looks like the araucanas over here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tilly. Again Araucana but I am thinking EE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ruby. havn't the foggiest idea on breed of this one. Is it just a mutt?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks loads guys, I don't know what I would do without this forum.

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

#3 looks like a couple of my EE hens. Can't tell in the picture if her cheeks are fluffy though. [​IMG] No sure about the others... [​IMG]

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I'm not really familiar with them, but the first 2 look like british araucana's I think. All 3 look like girls to me.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ALL GIRLS:) No idea what breed-not araucanas though

5. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    i agree 2 euro araus and what might be some version of a sussex

all pullets i think

6. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Angel I am thinking is female (I don't see those pointy saddle or hackle feathers).
    Tilly I am not sure (cannot tell if rounded points on hackle feathers are too pointy for a girl).
    Ruby: body shape says pullet but same issue as Tilly.
    Sorry I am not more helpful, but there are my wild guesses. [​IMG]

7. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    Thats really helpful guys thank you so much. I really hope they are pullets as they will be the first eggs I have hatched this year that have been girls. I can't keep any boys so I really havn't had much luck.
    Any more opinions are greatly appreciated, it gives a girl a bit more hope! lol

8. manybirds

manybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    they're pretty

9. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:Most birds won't start getting the pointy saddle and hackle feathers until about 12 weeks. At this point, I don't see anything about them that says "roo" but that could change in a couple of weeks. The two do look like British Araucanas and the third looks like a pretty barnyard cross but I'm not too familiar with the different breeds and varieties you have there. Lovely birds though.

10. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Ruby looks exactly like one of my sex-links.....and she's the FRIENDLIST bird ever!!! and yes...she's a she!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by