Gender and Breed Quiz (For learning purposes!)

Pics

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
This thread is made for anyone wanting to be more knowledgable on how to tell what breed or gender a chicken is.
PM me if you'd like to "donate" a picture for guessing. First chicken up for guess:
Guess what breed and gender:

This thread is made for anyone wanting to be more knowledgable on how to tell what breed or gender a chicken is.
PM me if you'd like to "donate" a picture for guessing. First chicken up for guess:
Guess what breed and gender:
Is it a Jersey giant roo? I may be wrong on the breed but I'm pretty satisfied it's a roo.

Earlobe color is very useful in determining both breed and egg color. White egg layers will have white earlobes, and all other egg layers have red earlobes. A key example of how and why it is important to use earlobe color to determine breed is the Welsummer/Brown Leghorn lookalikes.

Welsummer is on top. Leghorn on bottom. They look virtually identical except for earlobe color, right?

Earlobe color is very useful in determining both breed and egg color. White egg layers will have white earlobes, and all other egg layers have red earlobes. A key example of how and why it is important to use earlobe color to determine breed is the Welsummer/Brown Leghorn lookalikes. Welsummer is on top. Leghorn on bottom. They look virtually identical except for earlobe color, right?
Wow they do. Thanks for pointing that out.

Earlobe color is very useful in determining both breed and egg color. White egg layers will have white earlobes, and all other egg layers have red earlobes. A key example of how and why it is important to use earlobe color to determine breed is the Welsummer/Brown Leghorn lookalikes. Welsummer is on top. Leghorn on bottom. They look virtually identical except for earlobe color, right?
Excellent example! Thank you.
This thread is made for anyone wanting to be more knowledgable on how to tell what breed or gender a chicken is. PM me if you'd like to "donate" a picture for guessing. First chicken up for guess: Guess what breed and gender:
Is it an Andalusian rooster?
Nope :p

Back
Top Bottom