1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender Bender...Easter Eggers...Pullets or Cockerels?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SaCollins, Aug 29, 2015.

1. SaCollins

SaCollins Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2015
    South Carolina
    Elliot is a frizzled EE and 8 weeks old...here are pictures of her comb, profile, tail, and foot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Velma...she is an EE also and is 4.5 weeks old...here are her pictures...comb, profile, tail, and foot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one is Blondie...she's also an EE and 4.5 weeks old...pictures of her comb, profile, tail, and foot are below also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know what they are? Please help!! I'm new to this...these are my first chickens ever! Thanks so much :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Those look like mixed breeds to me. Nothing about them indicates that they are Easter Eggers. No pea combs, no muffs, no green legs.

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Nothing is screaming cockerel, but they are to young to say for sure. Post again when the are 8-10 weeks so we can confirm.

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

x2

5. SaCollins

SaCollins Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2015
    South Carolina
    junebuggena, that's what EE are, mixed breeds [​IMG] They are not Ameraucanas...although the frizzle is from a true Ameraucana...so I'm hoping she'll lay blue eggs! [​IMG]

Chicken Girl1 and ChickensAreSweet, thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!! [​IMG]Well that they aren't noticeably cockerels, lol...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Ditto this!

7. Firekin1

Firekin1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2014
    Nova Scotia
    An EE is a mix and doesn't always present pea combs.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]I have Easter eggers that are clean faced and have yellow legs. By using the rooster in the picture, next spring I will have Easter eggers with yellow legs, clean face and single comb.

9. 12 gauge

12 gauge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2015
    texas
    both of the top ones look like hens to me blondie maybe a rooster

10. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Ah yes, the rise in popularity of the Cream Legbar. It would really help if people would post which breeds went into creating their specific Easter Eggers. There are hatchery Easter Eggers, and their mixed breed chicks, non standard Ameraucana and Araucana, Legbar crosses, and Ameraucana or Araucana mixes; and they can all technically be called Easter Eggers.
    Honestly, I don't consider a cross bred chick an Easter Egger until it is proven to lay a colored egg. Until that point I consider them mix breeds that may or may not have a blue egg gene.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by