Gender Bender...Easter Eggers...Pullets or Cockerels?

SaCollins

Chirping
Jul 20, 2015
South Carolina
Elliot is a frizzled EE and 8 weeks old...here are pictures of her comb, profile, tail, and foot.

This is Velma...she is an EE also and is 4.5 weeks old...here are her pictures...comb, profile, tail, and foot.

This one is Blondie...she's also an EE and 4.5 weeks old...pictures of her comb, profile, tail, and foot are below also.

Anyone know what they are? Please help!! I'm new to this...these are my first chickens ever! Thanks so much :)

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Nothing is screaming cockerel, but they are to young to say for sure. Post again when the are 8-10 weeks so we can confirm.

junebuggena, that's what EE are, mixed breeds
smile.png
They are not Ameraucanas...although the frizzle is from a true Ameraucana...so I'm hoping she'll lay blue eggs!
big_smile.png

Chicken Girl1 and ChickensAreSweet, thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!!
wee.gif
Well that they aren't noticeably cockerels, lol...

Last edited:
Ah yes, the rise in popularity of the Cream Legbar. It would really help if people would post which breeds went into creating their specific Easter Eggers. There are hatchery Easter Eggers, and their mixed breed chicks, non standard Ameraucana and Araucana, Legbar crosses, and Ameraucana or Araucana mixes; and they can all technically be called Easter Eggers.
Honestly, I don't consider a cross bred chick an Easter Egger until it is proven to lay a colored egg. Until that point I consider them mix breeds that may or may not have a blue egg gene.

Back
Top Bottom