Gender/Breed check;)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmyLM, Apr 10, 2012.

1. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    Now that these guys are well past the confusion age... hope more experienced people can help ;)

Solid buff pullet... but what breed? standard size: face close up...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Snowy: pure white pullet... breed? I didn't actually order any that were supposed to be pure white standards

[​IMG]

and finally: one that I really couldn't get any closer pictures off. Shes skittish.. and runs really fast!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Coop de Grille

Coop de Grille Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    South Carolina
    The buff one is a Buff Orpington pullet. I don't know what the others are but that last one is really cute!

3. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    looks like they are actually a buff rock and a white rock.....

*grins* I thought my husband threw out the lids for both boxes but I just found the first orders. I KNOW he threw out the second order lid though.. darn him.

The last one... shes a cutie that's for sure.. but I'm not sure what she is..

The only thing that I ordered that she might be would be an Acona... but umm... shes oddly marked for one...are their legs normally that yellow?

4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I would think Acona, especially because of how skittish you say she is. If she starts laying nice white eggs, you've got an Acona!

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I agree with Buff rock, my orpington pullet had a larger comb, white rock and looks like a Speckled Sussex, need a closer pic. :thumbsup

6. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    Hmmm well next then:

I THOUGHT this was silver pheonix but a recent conversation has led me to question that...

He is black, white, and silver with slate legs. He has black feathers that are tipped in white.

Gender... looking to maybe be a boy? (please say no...) But what? *will sell if this is a boy* (located in Wylie - near Dallas Texas area)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My younger group of chickens are a lot easier to tell on gender... but this one is finally 'red-ing up' and he has some feathers that really shine in the sun... *sigh* boy?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    AmyLM...What is the grey one in the background of the pic of the white one???

I have one that started out "chipmunk striped" that looks just like that & can't figure out what it is...it's a Bantum tho.

8. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    Shes a female silver phoenix another pic of her:

She also started out chipmunky but shes a standard. There is a bantam size though ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here she is next to my black bantam. Although I have NO IDEA what the little back one actually is. I did order a black Japanese bantam and I do have that one.. this one is NOT a Japanese ... but I have no idea what she is. I call her Crowly because my husband thought a crow was in the run one day ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. AmyLM

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    Can Anyone Identify Crowly?!

Here she is next to Chickzilla.. unbelievable the are the same age. They cant be more different. ;)

Shes a tiny bantam. Solid black. DOWN turned tail (not up like my Japanese). I have no idea what she is. Maybe the free rare? I dunno...

Shes also in the above pictures too... she tends to sneak into a lot of pictures ;)

[​IMG]

Background again ;)

[​IMG]

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    On your first group of pics - buff Rock, white Rock, and Ancona (all pullets)

The next batch of pics (all the same bird) - I would say it is a Phoenix cockerel but he looks like he's a mix of colors or he's just a really poorly colored silver.

The little black bantam could be a Dutch or Sumatra (what kind of comb does she have?).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by