Gender? Breed cross? please help...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chrizjen, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Chrizjen

Chrizjen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    My friend and I built our coops together. and hatched eggs together. All of my chickens are seven weeks old. I got rid of one because it was crowing and I live in the city. I have two left from the hatch and two that I purchased from a lady. The two that we hatched are both probably mixed breeds. I know that the roo was an Americauna rooster for sure as it was the only roo that the lady had that we got our eggs from. The one looks like it was crossed with a Barred Rock and the other I have no clue. I spent a lot of time trying to get pictures and they are not the best. Any one have any guesses as to whether or not these might be pullets or the breed of the one that I call " My Falcon of Doom" Just doesn't look so much like any chicken I have ever seen.... lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I see to Easter Eggers. The barred one really looks like a boy to me and I think the other one is too but they still have time to proove me wrong.. Sorry [​IMG] Is your falcon of doom the one with the fluffy head? That looks like a polish or a polish cross, I don't have personal experience with the breed.

3. Chrizjen

Chrizjen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    I did buy the Polish as Polish I actually sought them out specifically. The strange things is that the other roo I had that hatched at the same time was crowing already. These have have not done that yet....... Thanks for your post.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by