Gender/breed help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by liquidequis, Aug 16, 2014.

1. liquidequis

liquidequis Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2014
    Gray, Maine
    I have a slew of 12 week old chickens (24). Not a single one has crowed and I'm beginning to wonder if any are male. So far I have figured out most of the breeds, however there are a few I am unsure of. They are a McMurray rare of rare special. I got quite the assortment. Buttercups, a silver dorking, dark brahmas, wyandottes, marans, and dominiques. Which I am 99% sure are all pullets. Anyways. Can you all help me with the following??
    [​IMG] I have two of these white face Spanish. They look almost the same. Another photo at the bottom. Gender??
    [​IMG] I have two of these as well. Thinking Langshan. gender??
    [​IMG] gender?? Breed?? Has five toes and feathered feet
    [​IMG] Cochin?? Gender?
    [​IMG] another view
    [​IMG] breed?? Gender??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] breed?? Pretty sure they are pullets. Was leaning towards silver penciled rocks??
    [​IMG] another view

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    all my text is highlighted red in the above quote.

3. liquidequis

Jun 19, 2014
    Gray, Maine
    Probably should clarify that I am talking about the chicks in the foreground if the photos when I was writing ;) several of the photos show others that I know what they are in the background ;) thanks for looking. I look forward to hearing more opinions. Excited that you think that the Cochins look female :D

4. liquidequis

Jun 19, 2014
    Gray, Maine
    Here is another view of the one that is hard to see the face. He/she dose not seem to like the camera ;)
    [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

6. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

X2, I agree with wyandottes7! :)

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'd agree with Wyandottes7, except on the very last bird. I don't think it's a Rock, could be Phoenix, not sure right off what else MMM has that could be that color. Silver leghorn, maybe?

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Last one looks like a silver leghorn pullet.

Also are you feed chick starter, or just the alfalfa pellets thats in the feeder?

9. liquidequis

Jun 19, 2014
    Gray, Maine

Those are for the resident bunny ;) the chicks are not a big fan of it thankfully and just eat their own pellets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by