1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender/breed?????? Please Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jeaucamom, Oct 2, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG]

First time posting a pic so hope it shows up! Could anyone PLEASE give me some hope that this 6-7 week old could still be a hen. And we were told that it was a sizzle, but I have since been told probably not. Anyone with any ideas what he/she is? She doesn't have feathers, she has tufts of hair like rope.

2. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    frizzle roo....?

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    A comb that red and prominent at 6 weeks...that is definitely a rooster and a frizzle....probably Cochin frizzle..

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Sorry, I have to agree with Roo, too...

Dawn

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    [​IMG] NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not my sweet "Baby". This chicken has the sweetest personality you could ever imagine! I seriously feel like crying. We can not have roosters where we are so that means a new home. The chicks that were roosters, we took back to the feed store and that was not hard. But I could never just drop this one off and not know where he wound up. How does one go about finding a new home for your favorite chicken?

6. megshenhut

megshenhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Central Colorado
    Sorry, definitely a boy.

7. dccdmom

dccdmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2007
    Looks a lot like my frizzle cochin cross. Mine's a boy too. I can't keep boys either:(

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I think the Roo's are always the sweetest of them all.....as babies. mine was the same. He was the only one to let me hold him and he would sleep in my hand.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Definately a roo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by