Gender? Breed?

RosesChickens

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
Got from a back yard mix of blue copper maran roo and Orpington hens and some other kind..
exactly 4 months old today.
this one is blue with copper and some red. Comb and waddles red.
starting hear some sqeeky long sounds and my daughter saying it’s jumping on my girls today..
could this possibly be a boy just judging by the way it looks? Or a young hen acting like a boy??
2FEC658E-1936-4253-B254-056F44F7CE8A.jpeg 6C983D0D-B3B1-4341-B966-385279885838.jpeg DA519FE8-14DD-4C90-BF16-3A571E286DDE.jpeg DCDD3FC6-D337-415E-AC4E-F10205B95240.jpeg

Farts. Okay. Do blue copper marans look like this at 4 months?
The breeder didn’t know what kind her rooster was. But I was guessing a blue copper marans.
is that correct on the breed?
It could well be a blue copper Marans crossed with an Easter egger. But difficult to be certain with mixes.

He is definitely a late bloomer, but he has the red shoulder patches of a male, and male feathering is beginning to show on his back.

He is an attractive rooster! There is nothing wrong with mixed breeds-- sometimes they are the prettiest of all.

It could well be a blue copper Marans crossed with an Easter egger. But difficult to be certain with mixes.

He is definitely a late bloomer, but he has the red shoulder patches of a male, and male feathering is beginning to show on his back.

He is an attractive rooster! There is nothing wrong with mixed breeds-- sometimes they are the prettiest of all.
Aw okay thank you. yes the boy from this same batch already had really long golden feathers and mine are all still really short. as to why i assumed female.

Back
Top Bottom