Gender? Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Aug 16, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think its a blue Andalusian. But im not sure

its on the left in this pic has Buff cochin, Buff Turken, California Grey, Unknown cockrel, rhode island red bantam, and Andalusain chicks i think
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm guessing that you are correct but am also wondering if it might be a blue Dutch. Looks like a young cockerel.
  3. stephanie1992

anyone have any other ideas? its 4 months old.
  4. brandoncakes

brandoncakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Kailua, HI
    4 mos? looks male then. i would guess the same breed
  5. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Very pretty boy!!
  6. i would actually say you have a hen, the feathers are rounded. but i could be wrong. i have hens that have wattles and combs bigger than that haha. is he/she developing any spurs? over the next few months you should palpate (feel around lightly) for any eggs in her abdomen. hens start to lay around 6 months. also that earlobe is consistent with a hen's. normally a rooster's is much larger and/or whiter.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  7. stephanie1992

Quote:Im hoping its a hen, i cant own any roosters. It has no spurs developing right now, the pic where all the chickens r together-the black chick by her/he is same breed i think but black, heres a pic

Also hoping its a hen
  8. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    your border collie looks like it wants some chicken for lunch in that last picture. [​IMG]
  9. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    1st one i think u r right on the breed. i think its a hen [​IMG]
    idk about #2
  10. stephanie1992

Quote:lol ya i have to watch her around the chickens, she dnt kill them but she likes to nip them and try to herd them lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by