Gender Check Please......

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by americanchicks, Sep 21, 2016.

1. americanchicks

americanchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    Hi all! I have been so focused lately on sexing my 4 EEs that I havent been paying attention on the devlopment on my other breeds. I have 2 Bared Rocks and 2 red sexlinks. Pretty sure they are all pullets but not %100. So figured I would toss a few pics out and get some feed back, thanks.

[​IMG]
    This is Peezer, 7 weeks old. Kinda a bossy boot to the others but so was the last BR I had. I feel the color is a little light but has the black legs.
    [​IMG]
    Comb is pretty small but getting a little pink waddle.

[​IMG]
    This is Star, 5 weeks old. Has a few larger white bands but the black feet.
    [​IMG]
    No pink to the comb and no real waddle to speak of.

[​IMG]
    This is Phoebe 5 weeks, one of the RSL. Pretty sure it is a female because I read that the males are all white with a little color on the wing. Its just the comb on this one is a lot pinker than the other.
    [​IMG]
    Phoebe also has a lot more color than the other RSL

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Where did you get them from?

3. americanchicks

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    I got them all from Coastal Farm and Ranch.

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Just making sure you got them from a reputable source and not a 'breeder' who knows nothing about breeding. Feed stores source from hatcheries. You can be pretty sure that the Barred Rocks are 'pure' and the red sexlinks are properly sexlinked. The Barred Rocks are definitely female and the red sexlinks are definitely female.

5. americanchicks

Jun 26, 2012
    Auburn, wa
    Thanks for the reply June. Im glad to here they look like pullets. My 4 year old was the one who picked out the older BR as a little chick. It was the smallest one in the clutch and also had the smallest and most faded head spot. So it always had me wondering. I did get a chick from the same place in march. An EE that turned out to be a cockerel. I think that is why I am second guessing the genders.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with junebuggena

7. Looks like all of them are female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by