Gender Check ??

ksrchicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Hello - These are my first chickens. They are supposed to be pullets (hatchery sexed) however would love your advice on what you think. The 3 "girls" are 6 weeks old now. Thank you!!

#1 - Molly (NH Red)

96014_molly-combfeet.jpg

96014_molly-side.jpg

#2 Claudia (White Plymouth Rock)

96014_claudia-close_up.jpg

96014_claudia-side.jpg

#3 Cathleen (Barred Rock)

96014_cathleen-combfeet.jpg

96014_cathleen-side.jpg

Quote:
x2

Oh that would be wonderful
smile.png
. Thank you all three for your response and advice! I was pretty convinced Cathleen and Claudia were girls but have zero experience, and wasn't sure at all about Molly. It is hard b/c I do not have any chicks that are the same for comparison. Molly is a bigger bird and her tail feathers seem more upright but I have not noticed any red on the comb yet and she is quite shy compared the other girls. I have one other chick a bantam BR (Polly Jean) who did not cooperate for first photo shoot but I will post pictures soon as thinking Polly may be a Paul. Again hard to tell b/c the only bantam but she(?) is quite striking and tips head back to crow but no noise comes out! Do girls do that? Yawn maybe?? Thanks again for your opinions!!

It could be a yawn. They will do that.
tongue.png

IMO I'd watch Molly. I'd love to say with the others that it's a girl, but there's something in me that kinda goes against it... If you know what I mean.
roll.png
The legs look rather thick and the tail just doesn't quite look right. Just my opinion.
smile.png

BTW, I love the name Polly Jean!
big_smile.png

Ok, great to know that they yawn and that it is not just a warm-up crow! I will keep an eye on Molly and post more pictures. I thought pullet for sure until recently and then her tail started looking rather upright
sad.png
. I will also work on socializing double time b/c if we are going to have a roo I want to do everything I can to have the friendliest one possible. I will post some pictures of Polly Jean soon (my husband named her after a musician!) and hopefully she does not turn out to be a Paul! Thanks for your opinion!

Back
Top Bottom