Gender experts please (BCM, EE's, LS)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dewsetter, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    Hi Gender experts. All as I want is a few back yard chickens at my bungalow in the middle of an English housing estate. Just to have a feel of the countryside (I would love a farm but alas funds won't allow it.) Why is it then that every single chick I have hatched so far has been a boy????!!! Can any of you help me put me out of my misery and give me an idea of the latest brood? I am 99% sure the BCM and LS are boys (tell me something new!!) so I have only included one pic of those. I also have 3 EEs, a lavender and 2 brown/black ones. I would love these to be girls but I am beginning to think it is something in the water and I am never destined to eat eggs laid by my own chickens. They are all 4 weeks old. One of the brown/black ones has a single comb and the other has a pea comb. The lavender has a pea comb.
    Many thanks in advance [​IMG]

Angel
    [​IMG]

Angel
    [​IMG]

Angel
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]

C
    [​IMG]

C
    [​IMG]

D & E
    [​IMG]

Be gentle with me guys

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Wow. Those last two look like cockerels for sure. Sorry.

3. Dewsetter

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    Yes my guess was the last 2 (BCM & LS) are boys too although I am a total newbie but it's a bit of a forgone conclusion in my house! I am not in a position to keep any boys so I will look for a new home for them.

Has anyone any idea on the EE's please?

4. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Everyone else is looking pullety so far. I know people have said with pea combs that the pullets will have one row of bumps and the cockerels will have three rows.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Last two... roos.

6. Dewsetter

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    Quote:Yes I have read that about the pea combs on EE's and have been trying to look closely at the combs. I have trawled my way through the whole of the EE thread on here to get a better idea but I am none the wiser, a couple of them don't appear to have a comb at all. It's hard too because they won't keep still. I really hope I get some pullets out of these. I suppose I should give up on just buy some POL's but I really enjoy hatching my own.

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys [​IMG]

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Last two be roo.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by