Gender Game! Opinions? Guesses?

mother o' chicks72

Songster
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
Portland, Oregon
This is Amapola, I have posted multiple times before and she is now 9 weeks old. I really hope she's a girl! (I moved them out to their coop yesterday and the seem really happy but get muddy beaks so pardon her dirty face)
83336_a1.jpg

83336_a2.jpg

83336_a3.jpg

83336_a4.jpg

83336_a5.jpg

83336_a6.jpg

83336_a7.jpg

thought this pic was too cute not to post! the buff is my sweety Calyx
83336_a8.jpg

anyway she's 9 weeks EE just to sum it up. pullet or roo?

well she seems to be similarly shaped to the others so are you saying they are all roos? i only posted her again because before people thought she looked like a roo, I thought she was starting to look less and less rooish.

mother o' chicks72 :

well she seems to be similarly shaped to the others so are you saying they are all roos? i only posted her again because before people thought she looked like a roo, I thought she was starting to look less and less rooish.

No I am just saying that her or his tail feathers are looking a bit too pointy, females tail feathers are usually more roundish​

that's what i've heard but actually it's the feathers on the small of the back that matter, not the tail feathers themselves. also my friend has a hen that looks exactly like a rooster but it lays eggs so it's definitely a hen.

I think the first time you posted, I said I wasn't convinced about it being a roo, said you still had hope for a pullet.
big_smile.png

Then the next post, I went towards roo.

NOW I'm still not sure. Is it ok if I go back to pullet???
roll.png

Either way, you have a cutie!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom