Gender guesses anyone???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Coopin-It-Real, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Coopin-It-Real

Coopin-It-Real Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2012
    Southern Virginia
    Three new additions added to our young flock on December 13th, 14th, and 15th. Any guesses on gender? The pictures aren't great but I would love to see what everyone has to say!
    Our first to hatch...
    [​IMG]

And second...
    [​IMG]

And the third...
    [​IMG]

2. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Roo, roo, pullet.

3. questions543

questions543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    x2

4. Coopin-It-Real

Aug 20, 2012
    Southern Virginia
    Based on what? Just curious :) based on their behavior I was guessing the same although the first hatched can be confusing...

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    x3

6. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO

Roo, roo, maybe pullet.

The first two have several characteristics of boys including red feathers bleeding in the shoulders, larger comb developing early red color and the legs look pretty thick. The last one seems to have a smaller comb and though there is a little patchiness to the color, I don't see any red patches so I am leaning pullet but not 100% convinced.

7. Coopin-It-Real

Aug 20, 2012
    Southern Virginia
    Hate to say it but I hope your all wrong. Wouldn't mind one roo (although I too was guessing there were two in the bunch) but I only have three hens currently (not including the chicks) and one roo with an attitude! I don't think another rooster here would stand a chance [​IMG]. Ordering more hens soon but will have to find loving homes (hopefully) for any Roos. Otherwise there's only one alternative. Luckily, we haven't let our kids get too attached to the newbies...for this very reason. Still proud of my RIR for doing such a fantastic job as she waited patiently for these guys to hatch and barely left their side for the first five weeks or so. She did a great job for a first time mom! :)

8. nakstk

nakstk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2011
    Kalama, Washington
    x4

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by