Gender guesses (Olive Eggers)

bluedoor

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 22, 2013
These "girls" are 13 weeks old. I know the blue one is a pullet. I'm wondering about the black OEs. They are from the same hatch date... The one in the forefront with the large comb is bold and friendly while the other two are very reserved. The one with the large comb also had most of its saddle feathers plucked out by other chickens at the breeders house, so it's hard to tell if they are/were pointy.

Anyone want to guess if I have a roo on my hands?

At 13 weeks that comb is iffy but doesn't really scream roo to me. Do you know what they were mixed with, Marans?

At 13 weeks that comb is iffy but doesn't really scream roo to me. Do you know what they were mixed with, Marans?

Yes, they are Marans x Ameraucana. The other two have very light pink, minimal combs. This ones comb/face is much more red than it appears in this photo.

Better photos (like a side-profile photo of each individual bird) would help, but I don't see any pointed saddle/tail feathers. So, while those combs are a bit red, I'm going to say that they're both pullets for now.

Back
Top Bottom