Gender help on orp and wyandotte please! Pic heavy!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by theacw, Jun 5, 2011.

1. theacw

theacw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    MN
    I know its still a little young to know but ANY help or guesses at all just for fun would be sooo helpful. They are my only two so if I have any signs of a roo, I would really want to get some more chicks so I dont leave any of them alone. And they are soooo attached, I would feel awful if they got seperated. I got them May 5 so they are about about 4.5 weeks old. Sorry it was dark when I did body shots so kind of blurry.

Here is Stephanie. Shes my little sweetie pie. Very quiet and calm. Feathered in slowly and still has no head feathers. Wattle/Crown sometimes looks reddish :s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Debbie. She is very fiesty and loud yet is completely dependent on Stephanie. Feathered and grew much quicker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    [​IMG]

I would say the Silver Laced Wyandotte is too young to accurately sex at the moment. S/he has a non-typical single comb. They normally have rosecombs. So far, nothing really jumps out saying roo though. I believe your orp. is a girl, but take that with a grain of salt because I do not know the breed.

3. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Awwww..they are so cute! [​IMG] I love the foot-perch you have for them! So Debbie looks like a BO, but I'm not quite sure what breed Stephanie is?

I have a chick we hatched on April 30th. She feathered really fast but her comb is slightly redder than Stephanie's and she's starting to pink up in the wattles. I am going with girl in spite of the comb because in every other way she seems girlie. When I was stressing about it, my 10 year old philosophically said to me 'well, she's either a girl or a boy... nothings going to change by worrying about it.' Out of the mouths of babes...

Good luck!

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They both look like girls. [​IMG]

5. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    Looks like two ladies!

6. theacw

May 7, 2011
    MN
    Yessss [​IMG] I sure hope so!

7. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Quote:X2 Not a typical SLW, looks pullish right now, the Orp is def. a girl though!

8. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    [​IMG] Do they ever poop in the house? lol [​IMG]

9. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Looks like you got 2 pretty little pullets! [​IMG]

10. theacw

May 7, 2011
    MN
    What makes the SLW not typical? Just curious, dont know anything about breeds. The orp has the bumpy looking comb too but it doesnt show in the pics. What makes them seem like females to you guys? Again, Just curious.... Thanks for easing my anxiety about having any boys!

Haha, yes they LOVE to poop everywhere. Its really not too bad but its been a pain now that they are wanting to be out of their pen 24/7 so I leave sheets on my carpet for accidents. I used to not mind too much, as long as they were dry poops. But now I am sick of vacuuming poop all day! I want my coop to be finished!

Did I mention I am hiding them from my neighbors/landlords? I dont think they would like it if I had them :s They allow pets though and never said anything about chicks!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by