Gender help please...

cindy parker

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Sylvania Georgia
Trying to decide if this is a pullet or not...I bought two and were told both were pullets but I'm just not sure. Not the greatest pics but hopefully someone can help.

I will get a better pic tomorrow...I do think this one is the mutt that came from a cochin and an EE. I hope the other three are EE...I bought eggs and hatched them and really have no clue. They do have green legs:)

What about this EE? Sorry, it's the best picture I could get today.
This one doesn't look like an EE, but I would believe it's a mix. EE's have a pea comb. It looks like a pullet to me. The last one you posted definitely looks like a cockerel. The comb and wattles are really big and red. And he still looks pretty young. How old are your chicks? And the silver laced looks like a pullet. Their combs get really thick and fleshy fast. I have one that's 5 weeks and has a big fleshy pink comb already.

Here is a pic of my pair of silver laced wyandottes. This was last week, and you can see the difference between them. Now his comb is a lot thicker and her comb hasn't changed. He still barely has feathers on his wings, too.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the eggs to hatch as EE eggs but i was clueless:) I really just wanted to try out incubating eggs. Had 9 out of 18 hatch so I wasn't really after a certain breed. However, it kinda pisses me off that I now have 9 mutt chicks that I will have to beg someone to take. I'm now focusing on silver laced Wyandottes. Cant wait to have my own eggs to hatch:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom