Gender Help Updated Pictures (picture heavy) 9 week old Wyandottes

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just snapped a few good pictures of my 4 pullets (hopefully). Their age was guessed at around 8-10 weeks, so now they are somewhere around 9-11 weeks old. I am looking for gender votes. There are 2 Blue Wyandottes and 2 Splash BLRWyandottes.

Names:

Blue Wyandotte with Blackish Comb = Gnosis 1
    Blue Wyandotte with Orange Comb = Gnosis 2
    Splash BLRW with more red/orange and less lacing = Butternut 1
    Splash BLRW with more WHITE and more lacing = Butternut 2

Just for a reference guide [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    You have 4 very pretty girls:)

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Sorry, disagree, one black roo. Redder comb, longer tail feathers.

4. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just saw some pictures of a 9 week old wyandotte cockerel but his wattles and comb were much larger and pronounced with red. Do pullets/hens of Wyandotte breed have red combs and wattles? Like how Barred Rock hens have? Thanks for any information and looking forward to any more guesses!

IF anybody has pictures of 9-10 week old Wyandotte pullets or cockerels PLEASE do post for me! Thanks!

5. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    I think you have two hens and two cock birds the black with the black comb is most definately a hen the other black is a boy the red with more lacing looks like a hen where as the redder one with less lacing looks like a boy.

6. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    I think you have one roo 3 pullets. [​IMG]

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    The Blue Wyandotte with the pinker wattles and orange comb (comb has no pink to it without the camera flash) and the better laced splash wyandotte are the ones I want.. I am giving the black combed and more solid red girls to a friend of mine.. I sure hope all are pullets.. If I end up with two roo's I will have to rehome and find some older pullets to get. ::fingers crossed::

How many weeks until I am certain one is a cockerel for Wyandottes? The 9-10 week old cockerels seem to have MUCh larger and RED combs. Thanks all for your responses! I sure hope my two end up being girls but if not, maybe they will be muted cockerels and I can keep them! Hahaha fun wishing huh? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    My vote says four pullets. I want the blues because I do not have any. ha ha[​IMG]

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    you have 4 pullets [​IMG] my rooster is about 10 weeks and he already has a huge red comb and wattles [​IMG]

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Omigosh I am hoping! I have been SCOURING pictures of 9-10 week old Wyandottes both pullets and cockerels (or supposed [​IMG] ) and I am starting to think I might be lucky! They are all sooo sweet, I told my mom "If one IS a rooster, we are keeping him UNTIL he crows. Maybe I will be the only person in history to have a mute rooster!" She just rolled her eyes lol! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by