Gender Help!

CluelessCluck

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2021
Hello,

I have 7-8 week olds. I am trying to figure out gender.

Thanks in advance!
20210418_082418.jpg
20210418_083424.jpg
20210418_083412.jpg

I would say it's too soon to tell. Are any of them the same breed? If so, the black one might be a rooster based off of the slightly larger and redder comb in the first picture, but I can't really say for certain. When they get older what you're going to want to look for is obviously longer tail feathers, as well as longer, pointed saddle and hackle feathers (tail and neck feathers), while the pullets will have shorter and rounder feathers in those areas.

I would say it's too soon to tell. Are any of them the same breed? If so, the black one might be a rooster based off of the slightly larger and redder comb in the first picture, but I can't really say for certain. When they get older what you're going to want to look for is obviously longer tail feathers, as well as longer, pointed saddle and hackle feathers (tail and neck feathers), while the pullets will have shorter and rounder feathers in those areas.
The darker ones are easter eggers and the lavenders amerucanas.

I see, ill keep a look out for those! thanks!

Yeah, they're still kind of fuzzy but pretty sure the one in the back is also a cockerel. Also...Ameraucanas aren't supposed to have single combs. Did you get these from a breeder or hatchery?
They were from a breeder, she said they were ameraucanas from the paul smith line. Hopefully I didn`t get duped! then ill really live up to my name!

Back
Top Bottom