Gender inquiry of 6wk old Sebright

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Silver Sebright, 6 1/3 weeks old. My educated guess is female. What do you all think?

20190624_152036_wm.jpg
20190624_153547_wm.jpg
20190624_153550_wm.jpg

Not an expert BUT I have been reading and reading and reading about them. From everything I've read, the comb of a cockerel would be really pink by this age usually. If I were to put money on it, I'd say pullet, too.

But I wouldn't put a lot of money on it...
;)

Not an expert BUT I have been reading and reading and reading about them. From everything I've read, the comb of a cockerel would be really pink by this age usually. If I were to put money on it, I'd say pullet, too.

But I wouldn't put a lot of money on it...
;)
i had a gold seabright bantam, and it was crowing at that age and had a very bright comb, had to rehome him due to no roosters in our area....he was a sweetheart, still heartbroken

i had a gold seabright bantam, and it was crowing at that age and had a very bright comb, had to rehome him due to no roosters in our area....he was a sweetheart, still heartbroken
I am so sorry....
:hugs
I have a Silver Sebright in the brooder right now, and that tiny chick is the sweetest, cuddliest, most charming little thing. I hope it's a she and not a he. I can keep roosters, but having a rooster raises other issues for me, and I'd likely have to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom