Gender of 14-week-old Wyandottes

gabbyschooks

Hatching
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

Am wanting some opinions on the gender of my three wyandotte chickens. They are just over 14 weeks old. Pretty sure the silver-laced is a pullet, but also suspect that the two gold-laced are roosters. What does everyone think? Thanks in advance :)

Chicken #1:

IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3782.jpeg

Chicken #2:

IMG_3785.jpeg
IMG_3783.jpeg

Chicken #3:

IMG_3781.jpeg
IMG_3780.jpeg

Agree with annageckos, they look like pullets to me, too.

If you were trying to go by comb size: it's normal for some pullets to get larger combs than others as they grow, both because some hens will ultimately have larger combs than others, and because some mature faster than others.

All girls!! We have SLW and GLW, including a male GLW. A male would be obviously different in appearance at this point. Nice lacing on those girls!

The two chickens in the front are GLW male and female. So you can see the differences at around 6 months or so old. The black one nearby is a black copper Maran F, and the two in the background are a M/F Red Dorking pair.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.26.04 PM.png

I agree. I don't see any emerging pointy saddle feathers in the goldens that would indicate male. Your goldens are just maturing a little faster than your silver.

Back
Top Bottom