Gender of chicks? Dad Barred Rock, Mom Ameraucana

How old are they? Four to six weeks?

All of them have quite a bit of comb, but the best way is to compare siblings, and I would say chick #3 is a rooster...lots of reddish comb...thus I think the others are likely pullets. But watch and wait.

Lady of McCamley

3 looks like a rooster, but I'm not positive on the others being hens. How old?

I'm also questioning parentage. If mom was an Ameraucana, those chicks shouldn't have straight combs. My barred roo over EE hens have funky combs...

and lay blue-green eggs

The Mom laid green eggs so perhaps you are right. The feed store I got her from sold me 2 roosters in a batch of supposedly 5 hens, so they may not know the breeds either. Thanks. BTW you have a pretty hen.

I think #3 is a roo also. The legs are very sturdy in comparison. 3 & 4 get more grubs when I dump compost in the pen, though they were all taught to be good foragers by their Mom before a hawk got her.

Hi there i have a chick of an easter egger and a barred rock thant looks also silver in color its the only one i hatched till now. And what i have noticed of my ameraucanas when crossed breed is well when i cross my AM roo to orpinton or other breeds the female chicks will get greenish legs and males will stay yellow or white and when i cross my AM hen with other breeds the male chicks would get greenish legs and females would stay yellow or white in other words my AM roo passes the gene to the females cross breeds. And my AM hen passes the gene to the males ses

Like ligers the male lion pass the growing gene to the cubs and female tigers pass also the growing gene to the cubs thats why liger grow to be double in size as the parents do the cubs will than receve 2copy of growing gene

Back
Top Bottom