1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender of my Ameraucana. Thanks. (update the bodyside pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by yook2000, Jul 23, 2011.

1. yook2000

yook2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    I have 6 Ameraucanas. Please help me define their gender. They are 2 months old now. Also, if anyone know where some of them are not bearded yet? Also, please tell me how to sex them, as I have some more in 1 month old. Thank you.

Chick 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Those are beautiful Easter Eggers!! Unfortunately, not Ameraucanas-but never the less they are awesome birds with huge personalities! I have alot of both:)

If you can get full body shots from their sides I bet we could nail their sex down for you?? [​IMG] Oh and what are their ages?

3. Raen

Raen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Missouri
    Yeah, we need to see the bodies.

My understanding on the bearded question is that easter eggers sometimes have beards and sometimes don't. If they don't have them as chicks, they never will. Pretty birds!

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Chick 4 might be your only female. I'm just guessing. Good luck, they're beautiful!

5. yook2000

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    I used to think they were easter eggers. While I bought the eggs from the breeder listed in the Ameraucana Breeders Club.

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    They are easter eggers, some body shots would be nice to help identify the gender. How old are they? And, yes, if they don't have beards when they hatch, the don't grow in later.

Please pm me who sold you these birds/eggs.

7. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    Subverted kook to be about the same age as mine I would say you only have one hen in that pile and she is number 4.

8. BrownSheep

BrownSheep Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    I'm going with the rest of the crowd and say 4 is your only hen. I've finally penned down that out of 6 of my EE three of them are roos,and all of your roos' combs look like mine

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Definitely need side view body shots.

10. yook2000

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    Thank you guys. They are 2 months old. I am a bit disappointed that they are EEs, but still would keep the hens for eggs. I update the pics of bodyside. Thanks. Also please give me your tips how to sex them, as I still have 13s in 1 month old.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by