1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

gender of my olive eggers

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Jan 28, 2012.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ive waited a while since i last posted pics. they are now about 5 or 6 weeks old. can u tell gender yet. best pics i can get right now, will get full body shots tomorrow.

im thinking boy
    [​IMG]

Im thinking girl
    [​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Curious--what cross did you use? I assume the chocolate gene came from the dad, and the green from the mother. If it was the other way around, then both are boys. But assuming the mom was a green egg layer, I think that 1 could possibly be a pullet, as there's not much red yet.

3. stephanie1992

the mother was a ameracana/marans cross. father was a silver laced wyandotte

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Wouldn't that make them more EE's than OE's?

At this age it is more helpful to show full body shots though, but so far I agree boy and girl.

5. stephanie1992

ya EES or OEs. there a mix eaither way. lol i just called them olive eggers cuz the came from olive eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by