Gender of our chick help

Debbiedeedee

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2017
[/IMG][/IMG]
We are knew to the chicken world! Any clues on the gender of our 3 week old chick

Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us.
For a good gender assessment (granted 3 weeks is still a bit early) you really need nice, clear photos that show the whole bird (meaning not being held) in a natural, standing position and taken from the side as there are characteristics that can be seen from that angle that factor into gender. I will say that the comb is flesh colored (pinking would indicate cockerel - though that can still develop in the next few weeks) and there is no discernible wattle development (cockerels develop comb and wattle size and color ealier than pullets)

G’Day from down under Debbiedeedee
frow.gif
Welcome!

I see you have posted on the Breed & Gender Forum so I will defer to the experts.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom