Gender of these chicks? - PICS ADDED!-

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by XilverAngel, Oct 1, 2011.

1. XilverAngel

XilverAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    These chicks are about 3 weeks old today. Some were hatched on a Sunday and some on Saturday, so i say about. There are 7 chicks that i am unsure of in these pictures, and i have labeled them in the description if you look at my link. I will try posting the pics on this post, but i do not wish to upload all the pics one by one to byc, and for some reason the img tab does not work for me, so i'll give it my best shot. Otherwise, please take a look at the link!! Thank you!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157627794928780/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello all, i've decided to join photobucket just so that i could get these photos up without needing a link [​IMG] hope they work!!

As for the breeds, I am positive they are all mutts. But if you can tell me what kind of mutts, then go ahead and take a stab at it. x]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. XilverAngel

Jun 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    1st pic looks like a roo for sure

4. XilverAngel

Jun 28, 2009
    Oh, alright then, thanks!

Also, if anyone knows how to make the img tab work for photo links, can you explain it to me? or does it not work with flickr?

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I didn't keep up with each chick and number, but it looks like your hens are out-numbered by roosters. How old are these birds?

6. XilverAngel

Jun 28, 2009
    They are about 3 weeks old today. and yes a lot of them do look like boys, but im just keeping a sliver of hope that they arent :[

7. XilverAngel

Jun 28, 2009
    anyone else have any ideas??? [​IMG]

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'd say the ones in pictures 1, 2, and possibly 4 are pullets. The rest are cockerels.

9. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    1- pullet, 2- leaning toward pullet, 3-roo, 4-roo, 5-either way, 6-might be pullet, 7- most likely roo
    So, that is just my guesses. From that pics I think the highest number of pullets would be 5, but most likely only about 3 pullets. As far as breed that seems to far for my reach without knowing any possible parent breeds, but #3 looks like (from the comb only which is not saying much) a buttercup cross or some kind or rose comb cross.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i say 5 pullets and 2 roos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by