Gender of three bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylverfly, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    Here are three of my not so little chicks If you want to make a breed/color guess feel free, I think I know the breed now thanks to the folks on this site. I’m not sure if its to early to guess their gender but I thought I’d give it a try. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Definately too young . . . but I'll guess

1. Girl

2. Girl

3. Girl

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Ditto on the too young to tell.

4. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    They are young, but I think banties mature faster, and can tell their gender sooner than large fowl.
    In any case, my opinion is that number 1 and 3 are females and the 2nd is a male. It would be better to take pictures of them face forward so you can see the comb and its coloring. Roosters have peculiar attributes that I've noticed. They scratch the food out of the bowl first, they run up to your hand, or they stare at you. See if yours do any of that..sometimes hey all do it but I can usually tell a rooster from pretty young based on his behaviour.
    Also, I think that they are Mille Fleur D'Uccles. [​IMG]

5. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    I had a feeling they may be too young, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway. I know there are people on this site that really know their chickens. So thanks for the replies I guess I’ll just have to watch them and see what happens.

6. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

..give a couple more weeks and you should be able to tell if hens or roosters..Mine are a lil over a month and its obvious whos what.. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by