Gender on EE 14 wks

Areyoucluckingme

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
I incubated some EE and RIR eggs given to me and was so ecstatic to get an EE but now I'm worried it's a rooster. Ugh! This one is my favorite and super sweet and friendly, please tell me it isn't a roo? The others are definitely roos because they are less friendly and have started cocadoodle dooing. Not this one yet.

Attachments

• 20220921_101531.jpg
    20220921_101531.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 11
I had a feeling. His/her tail feathers look way too rooster-ish. He was slow to develop a comb and was so friendly that I was hopeful. Ugh! Thanks for the responses though

Will you have to get rid of him? Just because he's a cockerel and he's imprinted on you doesn't necessarily mean he will become aggressive in the future. Or do you already have an established rooster?
I won't get rid of him. He is very gentle and lets me pick him up, I have two other young roosters (11 to 14 weeks) who are stand-offish and won't even let me try and pet them. They aren't mean either, but just not friendly. I really want the blue/green egg gene so I will keep this EE rooster. My other two roosters are a RIR and an Australorp and they will both have to go.

I won't get rid of him. He is very gentle and lets me pick him up, I have two other young roosters (11 to 14 weeks) who are stand-offish and won't even let me try and pet them. They aren't mean either, but just not friendly. I really want the blue/green egg gene so I will keep this EE rooster. My other two roosters are a RIR and an Australorp and they will both have to go.
I see! hope all goes well :)

Back
Top Bottom