Gender Please

Looks like a pullet, by 8 weeks the cockerels usually have a lot more comb and wattles than your bird
roll.png

the size of the comb looks more cockerelish but leaning more towards a pullet right now. you can not tell by saddle or hackles till the bird is 13-15 weeks of age until then the those feathers all look the same on both genders (hen feathered breeds not included)

I would say female. It appears to have rounded ends on its hackle feathers. Male hackle feather ends are pointed in all but "hen feathered" breeds.

Verify by closer inspection.
I am not familiar with the term "hen feathered". Would you tell me what it means and which breeds it applies to? Thank you.

I am not sure. Cockerel by stance and comb size however the feathering is all still "pullet" and it's legs are also slight.

the size of the comb looks more cockerelish but leaning more towards a pullet right now. you can not tell by saddle or hackles till the bird is 13-15 weeks of age until then the those feathers all look the same on both genders (hen feathered breeds not included)
As I told Stevetone, I am not famillar with the term "hen feathered". Would you fill me in on what that means and which breeds are "hen feathered? Thanks for any and all help.

Back
Top Bottom