gender suggestions

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by augiedranch, Apr 16, 2016.

1. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    How old are they?

3. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    5 weeks

4. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    The top and the bottom pics look like possible cockerels to me. Sorry I'm not good at Polish, but boy is that one a cutie! The one by the silkie also looks like it could be a cockerel but the little silkie looks like a pullet so far. It's hard to tell. The small brownish one in the second to last picture looks like it is a pullet. I could be way off I am just going by my own personal experience hope this helps you out some. You have got some pretty cute chickens there, I love the silkie!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  5. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Do you think you could post some updated pictures soon? I know especially silkies and polish are really hard to tell their genders until about 8-9 weeks old. I might be able to help more with the silkie but probably not the Polish as I have never gotten the chance to raise those beautiful birds before and wouldn't know what to look for.

6. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Looking back, maybe the bottom pic is a hen. It looks like it has little to no comb or wattle development when you look up close.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by