Gender thoughts for Blue Cochin

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Diantha, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Diantha

Diantha New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    I bought 16 sexed female chicks plus one 1 freebie that are now six weeks old. I know its a bit early, but I think I'm seeing some obvious boys and would love to hear thoughts. I'm only keeping six, the other eleven are going to my parents, but they want at the very most, two roos and I think I see three. The suspects are mostly this blue (?) cochin, Cinderella. He feathered in at half the rate of my black cochin and blue cochin, his color is much lighter. At the very least different than my blue cochin girl, Violet. Some comb is starting to stick up and its not pale, although its not bright red either. Somewhere in the middle I think.

Cinderella/fella:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Violet, blue cochin, thinking female, significantly darker blue than Cinderella.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost 100% on this guy being a roo. He's a freebie white crested black polish and he's sporting a fine set of wattles at six weeks. I read that they shouldn't have any this young if he were a lady. Also acted like a little poop since he first arrived. Tentatively named Emo.

[​IMG]

I'm at 60%, this Silver Laced Wyandotte is a boy. He has a big wide and pretty red comb. Not too fussed if this one is a male, or if he is even sexable yet. Ideally he'd be a boy for the 'rents to replace their recently deceased SLW roo (picked a fight with a coyote).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help in advance!

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    They all look like cockerels, but it's hard to tell for sure by the pictures.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think cockerels - wish ages were listed under pictures.

4. Diantha

Diantha New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    They are all six weeks old, it's in my description. When you say all are cockerels does that mean Violet too or just the ones I pointed out as looking male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by