1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gender?????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 15CrazyChickens, May 5, 2016.

1. 15CrazyChickens

15CrazyChickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Got these a couple months ago from Atwood's I'm not sure on gender. I've never had Polish before. My little grey roo in with them I think is serama. They're outgrowing him and will be moved soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. scrambled please

scrambled please Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2010
    I think I see one Roo, black, the grey one I would say is a hen. They are really pretty, mine layed well. I decided to free range them, they roosted high in a tree and were fox food.

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

Not familiar with this breed, but I'd say No. 3 (grey) is a pullet. Can't tell with the others, sorry. :(

4. 15CrazyChickens

Jul 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    These are starting over chickens for me. The last ones we had free ranged and we had a dog that watched over them for us. It got killed and mountain lions got our birds after that. Haven't had any in a while but these are fun and no more free range chickens for us.

5. 15CrazyChickens

Jul 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Thank you. I'll try to get better pictures soon. They're hard to get with the way the run around so much.

6. scrambled please

scrambled please Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2010
    I bought mine straight run and really wanted a roo but all where hens. Look for the saddle feathers toward the back end, where an imaginary saddle would go. The gray one is a good example of a pullet no long feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by