cheyfrie26

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
87193_100_2675.jpg

87193_100_2673.jpg

87193_100_2668.jpg

The oldest one without the yellow fuz, its parents are these guys.
The two birds farthest to the right. The mom is the yellow one the dad is the red one.
87193_100_1232.jpg

The parents to the squeaker with the fuz looks like the red cock in the picture and the mom is a normal blue bar hen.
Can you tell the sex of the squeakers?

Last edited:
Hi,

I cant tell yet but here are some ways to know the gender of your squeakers:

Observe the size of the doves. Typically, a male dove is larger than a female.

Male doves often have more square heads than females

Watch for one dove to stick its beak inside the other dove's mouth. If this occurs, it is probably the female sticking her beak inside the male's mouth

Look for a dove to crouch. Females will crouch down, tuck their heads in and raise their shoulders to prepare for mating. A male will then crane his neck above the female and mount her

Observe your dove for the "bow-coo" behavior. Typically, when males and females are together, only the male will perform this behavior. However, when females are placed together without males, they may also act in this way. The dove will coo very quickly while bowing toward the other dove

Watch for behavior called "displaying." A male will "display" to the female by inflating his neck and chest and fanning his tail to show his markings. He is attempting to attract her.

I hope this helps
smile.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Find plans and blueprints on http://www.blueprintfinder.com

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually the males usually have rounder heads than the hens. But these are too young to assume anything unless they have blue/black flecking.

Last edited:
i would say its a female but compare the head size to the mother and if the head is smaller or same size it is a female and compare it to the father and if same size or larger it is a male.
cool.png

To young to tell by head size, or their actions......about 6 months you will be able to tell. Yellow is a sex link color...but not with a dom red

Back
Top Bottom