Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Dec 12, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my bantam Cochin. im thinking pullet, am i right. Ohh and another question. do u see anything that might DQ it for future showing. i plan on showing it if it grows to fit show standards. i was born in november sometime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    How old? I'm thinking pullet

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    are they ment to have feathers on middle toe or just the outside toe? and looks like a pullet

4. stephanie1992

its feathers are still coming in. and i read as long as the feathers come to the end of the toe its ok. and the bottom of its feet are yellow. i wish all of its legs were yellow. would be better. its not more than a month old. it may be a little younger than a month. i hatched it but cant remember the hatch day

5. ChirpNEggBaby

ChirpNEggBaby Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    West Central, FL
    According to APA standards middle and outer toe should be well feathered completely to the ends....a lot of focus is put on the leg feathering in the cochins. Legs should be dark turning to yellow, or yellow. Bottoms of feet MUST be yellow. Its def. a pullet and youve got some growing to do. [​IMG] They are lovely birds.

6. stephanie1992

heres the bottom of her feet

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    You need to have a little patience when it comes to Cochins. It takes birds upwards to a year sometimes to develope to full potential. You need to wait a few months, at least, before you will be able to judge wether or not she has potential. Just be patient and soon enought she will loom for you.

~Casey

8. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Mr. Ree :

You need to have a little patience when it comes to Cochins. It takes birds upwards to a year sometimes to develope to full potential. You need to wait a few months, at least, before you will be able to judge wether or not she has potential. Just be patient and soon enought she will loom for you.

~Casey

I agree. I bought day old cochins in March of 2011, and just now they've developed that beautiful round ball of a tail. I think this pullet has potential, but you need to wait and she how she fills out. [​IMG]

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Looks like a little girl to me.......Hard to tell how she'll do in a show this early! Cute as a button so far!

Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by