Gender?

Christiangentry

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
Port Angeles, WA
This is my first time keeping chickens. We love caring for them and they are a lot of fun to watch! We enjoy the pet aspect, but we're also very interested in yielding eggs.

I'm confused on how to establish their gender. One of them looks like a rooster, to me. But I'm not sure about the others...

Hen?

Rooster?

Same bird, rooster?

Rooster on the left,and hens?

Hen?

Hens?

kitmarlowescot2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
How old are the chicks ? You can also post this under the What Breed Or Gender is This? forums. You might get more help their. Are they frizzle mixes ? Because that is what some of them look ot me ? As for sex I can't be sure, but for breed I think your tan one is a silke/sebright mix.

Christiangentry

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
Port Angeles, WA
Yeah, the 'gal I got them from said they were a frizzle mix but I forget with what. By my calculations they're about four months old... They were not sexed when I got them, so I should have about half of each gender, right? We have 10 chickens, so ill get better pictures of each tomorrow..

Christiangentry

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
Port Angeles, WA
yeah, that lightly colored one I thought was a hen? The dark one in those first pictures is the same bird and I think he's a rooster, too . He trots around like he's the man, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Top Bottom