Gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sylviaanne, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Sylviaanne

Sylviaanne Crowing

Sep 17, 2012
    Ozark, MO
    If I had a choice, I'd like a pullet and a cockerel. LOL Headed for 6 weeks old. I am wondering about the white ones. One is a little greyer than the other one. The one with the black feather in it's tail is the whiter one. The father is a Crested Polish and their mother, judging from their color is an EE. Could be a Cornish cross hen but their legs are not built like a Cornish cross. You can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them. There are only 2 white ones in these photos, same two birds.
    [​IMG] grey on left, white in front
    [​IMG] white on left and grey on right
    [​IMG] White on left, grey on right

[​IMG] grey in middle
    [​IMG] white on left, grey on right
    [​IMG] grey on left, white on right

[​IMG] grey
    [​IMG] White

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014

2. BorneHomestead

BorneHomestead Chirping

Oct 10, 2013
    hard to tell for sure from the pics, but if their combs are already turning pink, then that is a sure sign of a boy, as a girls will not start to turn until she is closer to laying age.

3. Sylviaanne

Sylviaanne Crowing

Sep 17, 2012
    Ozark, MO
    I will check when I put them up tonight. Easier to catch them. If I remember right, they are both pink. That means one of both will have to be caponized, depending on the looks of the other little cockerels out there. I am pretty sure dad is going to a new home. I just don't know if it is our tummies or to someone one else. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by