Genders, Please! Lots of pics!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by statonisland, May 28, 2012.

1. statonisland

statonisland In the Brooder

May 28, 2012
    Liberty, MO
    What do you think? I'm crossing my fingers that all 5 of my crew are ladies... :) Hopefully the pics are sufficient! I tried for face, legs, and general conformation pics, but some of them didn't appreciate the paparazzi spying on them. ;)
    All are around 11 weeks old.

Nugget. Buff Orp.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hemi, Plymouth Rock
    [​IMG]
    Also, I'm aware of some easy confusion between Americaunas and Easter Eggers...This one was sold as Americauna, is that correct? Kiwi, Americauna.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ninja, Silver Laced Wyandotte.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...and to show their disapproval of my picture-taking, they gave me one group shot... of butts.
    Not very lady-like, eh? Thanks everyone for your help! :)
    [​IMG]

2. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chirping

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    they all look like pullets to me X)

3. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    They all are looking like pullets to me. I'd keep an eye on Kiwi, that coloration is not very common with pullets and all too common with cockerels. She is a an Ester Egger, not an Ameraucana. BTW, there is no "i" in Ameraucana.

4. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    I would say all girls, except I'm not sure on the Easter Egger - she/he has some suspicious saddle feathers, but the face and neck look very pullet-ish.

Very pretty birds! And welcome to BYC! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. statonisland

May 28, 2012
    Liberty, MO
    Thanks, everyone! I like your answers since that includes most of them being hens! :) We will definately keep an eye on Kiwi after a couple of you agree she/he is somewhat suspicious looking. Thanks for the tip about the coloring, Peeka52, and the spelling lesson-Sorry about that, that breed should be in the BYC spell checker, eh?! lol BTW, Easter has an "a" in it. ;o)

6. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chirping

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    back to back spell check haha

1 person likes this.
  7. JesseS

JesseS In the Brooder

May 20, 2012
    Home
    I would say their all pullets

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Pullets. To set your mind at ease, I had a half dozen ee pullets with that same coloring last year. I get green eggs daily!

9. teeville5

teeville5 Songster

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    I would say all pullets. As with the last poster, I have an ee with Kiwi's coloring, too. Our Pretty Girl lays very pretty green eggs for us.

10. statonisland

May 28, 2012
    Liberty, MO
    Thanks, Donrae and Teeville5- that does help, I really am not in the market for a rooster, so I hope I got lucky and have the same situation as yours. When did your EE's start laying? Mine are 11 weeks right now. Can't wait for those beautiful eggs! (Provided Kiwi is a "she." lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: