general geese qs.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by beefmaster, Mar 7, 2012.

1. beefmaster

beefmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    ok ive been out of the loop for a few years an i have some qs.1.do geese need gamebird feed as they are growing or reg chick starter feed.im pretty sure its the gamebird feed.2.i know they can not swin till they have all their down feathers an are feathered out.im thinking about brooding them in a water trough.but im not sure on that yet.an i dont know how hard they are to raise.will prolly order 5 gooses an 3 ganders.i havent decided on what breeds.i want them to eat grass an to enjoy them.any thoughts an other ideas.was thinking bout using them to weed the garden.but dont know if its a good idea.

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington

3. beefmaster

beefmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    thanks for answering the feed q for me as my thinking was wrong.i want to learn as much about them as i can.do/can they fly over a 4ft fence when grown.my neighbor has a 2ac pool an i dont know if i want them swimming in it or with his geese.

4. Gone-Ducky

Gone-Ducky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2011
    Arizona
    I also have a question are Buffs good at flying meaning will I have to clip wings or do they grow to be to heavy to even fly? I Have Scobies right now and they have to have there wings always clipped they love to try to fly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by