Generations of love- a chicken story

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
well lots of other people were writing stories and i like to write so her it goes:

chapter 1

Matilda, the broody Orpington, was sitting contently on her small clutch of eggs when she felt a small wiggle underneath her featherless skin. Her eyes popped open and she slowly stood up. she looked upon her little brown eggs with pride. She did it. It was time.

Her eyes glowed, as she sat with her head held high. She sang out to her beloved Sussex rooster,Tigi “They’re hatching!” Tigi crowed in celebration.

All the chickens gathered around to watch the first successful hatching of the flock. The Polish hen, Rosie, smirked and snuffed “you know you could have just left them for the two legged to hatch. less work.”
Matilda growled and gave Rosie her famous stink eye. Rosie strutted away with arrogance."The nerve of some polish!" Matilda clucked with anger. Tigi looked at her " come on Matilda! you know polish don't go broody much."
"I know, I know" Matilda replied replied reluctantly

The first beak pushed through the shell and cheeped at the world. They watched as the chick made her way out. They sat and sat waiting for the rest to hatch but nothing happened...

to be continued

Last edited:
pop.gif

chapter 2
The other hens gave up hope and left the henhouse quietly. Tigi looked at Matilda and whispers " It happens, we are lucky for the one we have" Matilda looked up at him with watery eyes and sniffed "but it shouldn't happen...not now...not ever" Tigi sighed and slumped out of the henhouse to resume his duties.

Matilda softly cracked open a cold unmoving egg. she tugged at the wet down and pulled out the lifeless little chick. Fully formed but just couldn't face the real world surrounding it.

The only living chick hopped onto her wing and said curiously "why is he so cold mama, why didn't he hatch??"
"well," matilda started"he just didnt... wasnt...well... its all my fault!" she sobbed
" what do you mean mama?" the little chick asked
" i probobly didn't sit on him right!"she sobbed
"maybe he wasn't turned enough!"
"but,but, you got me mama! I hatched!"the chick said exitedly
"yes, yes I do. My beautiful little ... Faith. ya thats what I'll call you... Faith."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom