Generosity

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantamlover23, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Well yesteday was a good day until I was pulled over for speeding which I was. But the police officer was very generous and did not give the $217 ticket I deserved. I really need to control my lead foot. This is the third time I have been pulled over for speeding and I have been lucky have only gotten 1 ticket. I have learned my lesson and will try not to speed anymore.

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Yoda says: "Not try. Do."

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I understand this one completely! I've been pulled over twice for speeding, got a ticket once. It's hard when I switch back and forth from my car to the truck, especially considering that my car is standard and the truck is automatic.

4. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Quote:This happened to me last night. I was driving my sister's car and her car does not feel like it is going fast and it is. I was going 48 in a 35 zone which I am not making excuses. I would have deserved that ticket but the officer was extremely nice.

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Keep that officer in your prayers!

6. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I saw a bumper sticker that read, "Neighborhood Pace Car". I had to lol. Sometimes, when I'm being tailgated on our hilly, curvey, deer - populated road, I take up that job - not 1 mph over 45 in the 45 zone, and 35/25 in those zones. I just go the speed limit. Boy, does that get people p.o.'d! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Try being married to a cop and having him follow you home. Always makes me paranoid. [​IMG]

8. Bantamlover23

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Quote:Sounds like fun. [​IMG]

9. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    My DH is an officer and he usually only pulls for 15 and over - that is unless he suspects there is something more going on at the wheel (i.e., drunk, neighborhood, reckless, etc), and then he'll pull for much much lower than that.

A lot of folks believe that the ones who pull people over are trying to make "monthly quotas", etc, but there really isn't a such thing on DH's department. That being said, there is something called "selective" which equals overtime for the guys. The catch to getting that glorious overtime is that their only purpose on the road is to give tickets. It's a Catch 22 - most don't like traffic stops. They prefer getting the serious offenders... unless of course their in a bad mood I guess. [​IMG]

10. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Boy don't I know it! Mine thoroughly enjoys torturing me by hitting his lights and pulling me over. What a butthead. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by