Genesis 1588 Hatching Question???? No water beads???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SGM, Nov 11, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Ok, I normally only use my genesis to incubate and use my other homemade bator to hatch in. So does the fan keep the water beads from building up on the glass? This is my first time hatching with a fan too. So it freaks me out that there's no water build up. Normally I have a lot of water on the windows and can still see in, but it helps me realize the humidity is up too. Reassuring I guess you could say. So the lack of water build up makes me feel like they won't have enough humidity. Granted I do have a hygrometer in there but it doesn't work I don't think. I mean I put more water in there and it goes down. It nearly dries out and it goes up. So I don't rely on that thing. I filled both water troughs yesterday when I set them to hatch. Removed the egg turner, put the eggs in the carton. All plugs are closed etc. So it should be set right?

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine never has condensation. I would think that would be too much humidity. I am sure the fan is the reason. So relax. [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I've never had water build up on mine either, so I think you are just fine! RELAX! You've filled both water troughs AND the plug is in, so I'm quite certain you have plenty of humidity in the bator. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  4. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I've never had water on my windows either. If I were you, I would buy a new hygrometer. Too much humidy and they can drown, so you really don't want to be guessing.
    Good luck with your hatch, don't forget to post pics!!

5. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Shew what a relief. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I'm so eager to have these eggs hatch. I'm so excited!!!!! The wait is KILLING ME!!!!! Sorry if I drive you guys nuts. [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Don't apologize! Us fellow hatch-a-holics been there too! Please post how things go with your hatch and lots of luck to you! [​IMG]

7. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Oh I sure will!!! [​IMG]

8. Solsken Farm

SGM, do you have a hygrmoeter? This would be pretty important, to make sure as Suenrob said that you don't have your humidity too high.

ANd don't apologize. Every question is important. With hatching, it's all in t details.....

I do like my hovabator. What's in yours?[​IMG]

9. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I have the combination one. What is a good one to get?

10. Solsken Farm

I have an accurite combo with a wireless remote sensor that I can put right in the bator. I calibrated it and it reads 5 degrees lower humidity than it should. SO I just calculate that in. It is a great instrument. (I think. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by