Genesis 1588 Hova-Bator Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MelissaA, May 14, 2010.

1. MelissaA

MelissaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2009
    Gaston, OR
    I purchased this incubator new. I tried it out last week- put water in, turned it on...with in 30 min. the light on the thermostat flashed 3 times and turned off- this was around 99 degrees. It got to 100.5 and stayed consistent. I left the incubator running for 2 days to make sure it worked. I turned the incubator on last night to set eggs this morning. The light on the thermostat was on, then around 99 degrees it started to flash erratically- it wasn't like flash, 5 seconds on, flash 5 seconds on, etc. It was more like light is on for 30 sec. flash, flash, light is off for 15 sec., flash, light is on for 10 sec, turns off for 30 sec, flash, still off for another 10 seconds, flash flash, on for 1 minute, etc.

This morning the light is still flashing erratically and the temp is still at around 99 degrees. Don't know if it makes a difference, but the room temp was around 71 when I tested the bator and last night it was 74. I had to put the eggs in today (ordered them from 3 different people). Does it sound like I have a problem? Thanks!

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Mine does that, I think it is to let you know the fan is working. You may want to let it run a few days before putting eggs in it. Asl ong as the fan is runing, you should be OK.

3. MelissaA

MelissaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2009
    Gaston, OR
    great! thanks very much! my first time so I am nervous!

4. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    all this is normal. The flashing light is jsut an indication that your electric thermostat is active and working to keep the temperature as stable as can be. My guess is because the fan is constantly blowing and and cooling the air inside the bator. That's why the Genesis is so much more sought after in incubating with Styrofoam table top's over any other brand like LG. The lg thermostat does not sense temperature change automatically, you have to adjust it by hand constantly it seems just to make sure your egg's never get too cold or too hot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by