Genesis, good price?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Araylee, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Araylee

Araylee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Includes 1288, 1210 autoturner w/ tray, and 30 quail eggs for $188.45 shipped. Is this a good buy? (I want quail eggs because my Ameraucanas are MONTHS from laying and I am no good at waiting!)

Thanks!!

Bianca

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Not a bad price, but do you really want the quail eggs? I ordered a very similar incubator years ago, which came with the quail eggs, and Quails are just NOT my cup of tea.......

3. Araylee

Araylee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    LOL I have no idea! I thought they'd be neat since they're small and cute, and if we don't love them, we can always eat them...[​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have never heard of a 1288. Is it an older or new model? I have a couple of Hova-Bators. They do hold the humidity better than my LG but I have remedied that problem.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:Oh the quail lovers here will be mad at me, but I did the exact same thing you're thinking of doing. I bought a Hovabator 1588 with the automatic turner and thermostat, and it came with 20 quail eggs....Well, they sent 38 eggs. I thought, "Oh boy! Fun!" The quails were not fun.....They're cute a little but they are terrified of humans, and not the least bit friendly like chicks. They were not fun, and I was so glad to sell them.

Whatever you decide, I sure hope you enjoy your incubator,

Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by