Genesis Incubator and Cutler Supply

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Calebs Acre, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Last week, we got yet another new Genesis incubator from Cutler Supply with a chicken egg turner (for ducks.) The motor in the new, unopened turner was not working when we set it up on Saturday. I emailed Carolyn and the FIRST THING this morning, they send us a new motor (which is what we asked them to do since my husband can install it). Then, we started using the goose turner for the first time, and we have a problem with it turning properly. So, I called her and she is calling for us to see about the fix for the problem.

I mentioned to her that some people had tried to buy the Genesis from their website and she said that they ran out and the truck is supposed to deliver more near the end of the week. So, if any of you attempted to find the Genesis on their site, it's just temporarily gone and will be back very soon!

I need another three or four of them. (Good think my husband can't hear what I am typing!).

2. standardbanty

standardbanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    Just to make sure you know, but it dosnt turn the eggs for 3-4 hours(cant remeber ) AFTER YOU TURN IT ON.

3. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Hmmmm....I have to double check that we waited that long. I think we did...I think the motor wasn't even starting....

THANK YOU!

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    yes, you should be able to hear it running if you put your ear close.

5. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    My husband is an electronics engineer and tested it...it was bad. But, they've already taken of it! Just wanted to let everyone know how responsive they are and that they are getting the bators in soon.

6. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    I I have to agree the people at culter are very nice and seem to take customer service seriously. The motor would be hot if its running.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by